Book : Indie Bible 7th Edition
- Author : Dave Wimble
- Publisher : The Indie
Bible / Big Meteor Publishing
- ISBN Number : 0968621457
- Cost : $29.95
- Buy Book : Book
- Pages : 325
- Star Rating : 9 out of 10
I don't review many books on Indie Launchpad, but sometimes I see a book that so needs to be featured. That book is the Indie Bible.
Music is all about passion. Musicians put their heart and soul into what they do. Many do it because it's like a fire that burns within. Some do it because they like to feel what they do affects people, in no matter how small a way and some do it because they have something to say. Ultimately everyone that is featured in Indie Launchpad and indeed the majority of artists, all want to have as many people as possible listen to their creations and I have no doubt that the Indie Bible can dramatically help in boosting an artists exposure.
The book is broken down into seven sections:
- Reviewers of Independent Music
- "Regional" Publications and Resources
- Radio Stations and Shows That are Willing to Play Independent Music
- Services That Will Help You to Sell Your Music
- Sites That Will Allow You to Upload Your Music Video Files
- Helpful Resources for Musicians and Songwriters
- Articles That Will Help You to Succeed in the Music Business
- 4200 publications that will REVIEW your music!
- 3400 radio stations that will PLAY your songs!
- 600 services that will help you to SELL your music!
- 350 sites where you can UPLOAD your bands MP3s or videos!
- 52 articles that will help your music career to SUCCEED!
If there were a general business book like this, it would easily be in the top 10 best seller list. In fact companies like the Economist earn a substantial amount by compiling lists like this and selling them to companies, to target mail outs. This is definitely an area that the Indie Bible should consider. Imagine being able to enter your criteria on a web page and receive back a file that you can mail merge into a word processing file, now that would be powerful stuff.
Conclusion : When all is said and done, for about the price of a 50 pack of blank CDs, you can gain a huge amount of useful knowledge and leverage yourself further up the exposure ladder. Many areas of business have their so called bibles, for independent musicians, this is it. Available in both regular and electronic print versions, this should certainly be a part of any musicicans toolkit.